Search This Blog

Monday 18 April 2016

La Vida Lissy by Lisamarie.... (guest blog)


I am beyond privileged and excited to be able to share with you this guest post from the beautiful Lisamarie. It has been a wonderful experience to collaborate with such a fabulous person who shares so many of my values. She really is a kind and inspriational vegan. Please feel free to share this blog, give her a follow on social media and support a fellow vegan sister in her journey. This recipe looks amazing and I cannot wait to try it out! So with no further ado let me hand over to her, I hope you enjoy her blog as much as I do…..

Hello! My name is Lisamarie (my Dad loved Elvis) ha - I write a blog called 'La Vida Lissy'. I called it la vida lissy a few years ago because both myself and one of my best friends are nicknamed lissy (lee-see) by our loved ones and it is also about all aspects of my life.

I am a vegan girl with a love of natural beauty and travel currently splitting her time between London & Brighton while exploring Europe. I write posts about just about everything but draw on the knowledge I am accumulating from the nutrition course I am currently undertaking. I love food more than your average person and am constantly whipping up something tasty to share with my loved ones and the world that is Instagram.

I have decided to share my Spinach and Sweet Potato curry recipe. I have made this a few times now and I love it, it's so homely and great for dinner and lunch the next day!

INGREDIENTS

*Coconut oil
*2 sweet potatoes
*a whole bag of organic spinach
*2 tins of chopped tomato 
*2 tablespoons of tomato puree
*a tablespoon of mustard seeds
*5 cloves of garlic finely chopped
*1 medium sized red onion
*1 medium sized white onion
*finely chopped ginger (as much or as little as you like)
*2 tablespoons of cumin powder
*2 tablespoons of garlic powder 
*2 tablespoons of turmeric
*2 tablespoons of chilli powder
*2 tablespoons of chaat masala
*Himalayan salt
*Black pepper

METHOD
  1.  Chop all your onion, garlic and ginger up.
  2.  Heat some coconut oil up in the pan.
  3. Put all your garlic, onion and ginger into the pan to lightly fry.
  4. Add your tinned tomatoes and all of the above spices and boil for 5 minutes.
  5.  Add the sweet potato and tomato puree and leave to simmer for 35 minutes on a medium heat. Keep stirring.
  6.  Add your spinach and leave to simmer for a further 15 minutes.
  7. and VoilĂ , bobs your teapot - it's ready! I put it with some lime and coriander rice, it was just one of those microwave bags because by this point we were ravenous haha. I had the leftovers for lunch the next two days also just on their own and with salad and they both went down a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment